Full Time Position
Competitive Salary depending on skills and experience, + lucrative bonus based on sales growth and target achievement
An outstanding opportunity to join a growing and dynamic purchasing support businesses in the UK. Greetwell Purchasing Solutions is continuing its ongoing expansion and has vacancies for a Business Development Manager in the midlands area. Working with Greetwell will give you the chance to engage with market-leading suppliers and a huge range of end users allowing you to develop and build on your sales skills.
Our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the company continues to expand and thrive in a competitive market.
The company are looking for a Business Development Manager to cover central England from Birmingham to Peterborough and Nottingham to Northampton, selling our purchasing service and support to end users and head offices alike.
• The role will be predominantly field based requiring face to face contact with the owners and managers of businesses.
• Your role will focus primarily on new business but will also involve category management and customer care with existing clients.
• You will manage your own territory with areas of focus including care homes, schools, hotels and leisure venues.
• You must be capable of developing long-term customer relationships with existing and new customers, plus have a tenacious and enthusiastic attitude in order to drive accounts through from first meeting to trading.
• This is the perfect role for somebody who enjoys communicating with potential clients and getting them excited about the service we offer.
• A good proportion of your time will be preparing and presenting pricing comparisons and quotations which must be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate ideally will need:
• To have prior experience and skills within a field sales role
• Extensive knowledge of the UK’s Catering & Hospitality industry is essential. The successful candidates will have a strong financial acumen, a desire to build on their existing career in field sales, and a dynamic and positive attitude with high energy levels
• To be self-motivated, performance driven with a winning mentality
• To be approachable and a confident communicator
• Proven track record in delivering against demanding financial targets especially with new business generation within an FMCG environment
• To have a natural entrepreneurial spirit, able to convey and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions within the business limits
• To be a natural relationship builder, able to build an instant rapport with potential customers, understand the important of great service and thrive on customer contact
• To be comfortable working in the Midlands region on a daily basis
• To have excellent verbal and written communication skills to write compelling proposals, reports and creative briefs, and to deliver solid presentations.
• A full clean driving license is essential.
• All candidates must have strong IT skills with the capability to work with internal systems and be extremely proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Closing Date: 27th September 2019